Doing good things, such as volunteering, makes a person feel great inside. Volunteering not only gives you an opportunity to change other people's lives, but your life as well. There are many volunteer opportunities available along with benefits.
Felician Village is proud and appreciative of volunteers who share their time, energy and talents in support of our ministry. Volunteers are welcome to assist staff and residents in a variety of positions. If you have an hour or two a week to give, we will find a volunteer opportunity that is interesting to you and touches the lives of the residents served at Felician Village.
• Village Café and Market - Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Serve food, stock supplies. Once per week or every other week Monday-Friday.
• Deliver Bistro orders - One or more times per week, Sunday-Saturday. Hours 12-1:30 p.m. or 4:30-6 p.m.
• Walking Companion – escort wheelchair residents for walks around the Felician Village grounds, indoors or outdoors as weather permits. One time a week.
• Gardener – work with one or two residents at our raised garden beds
• Afternoon Card Playing – 2-3 p.m. at the Villa any day of the week.
• Holy Communion distributor - Rotation basis for one year. Training provided. Distribute during Mass or 8-9 a.m. to residents’ rooms.
• Bingo - Set up special bingo or sponsor weekly Thursday bingo! Serve as a bingo caller on Thursdays from 2-3 p.m. and/or Tuesdays 1:30-2:30 (may serve as a substitute)
• Mass organist - Every other Thursday at 9 a.m., Saturdays at 4 p.m., and Sundays at 9 a.m. or sub any day of the week.
• Facility shuttle bus drivers - Transport residents to community events or shopping in town. Training provided. Must have valid driver’s license.
• Escort residents to and from Mass - 9-10:15 a.m., Monday-Sunday; Saturdays, 3:30-4:45 p.m. No lifting required.
• Paint nails for residents - Once per week or once every other week.
• Entertainment - Share your musical talent with large or small groups.
• Escort for large events - Take a monthly calendar and assist with transporting to/from any large event. No lifting required.
• Help residents experience SNOEZELEN® Sensory Room - Once per week.
• Weekend Activities Volunteer – lead and be involved with various activities for evenings and weekends with assisted living or memory care residents.
• Wii Bowling at The Gardens - Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Once or twice a month
• Make birthday cards for residents.
How to help from home: Collect coupons, large print books, craft supplies (especially buttons), bingo prizes and small items for Christmas gifts.
Do you have a talent or interest not on this list? Contact me and we can look into making it happen!
2017 Felician Award Winner
Congratulations Harriet Peach!
Harriet oversees the daily organizing of the chapel and the decor.
Pictured (L to R): Frank Soltys, President/CEO, Harriet Peach and Tim Lindloff, Volunteer Coordinator.