"My mother is happy and safe. This is all about her and St. Mary's was her first choice."
At St. Mary’s Nursing Home, you will feel secure and right at home, and your family will have peace of mind knowing you are receiving the care you need. As a state-licensed skilled nursing facility, we offer the highest level of nursing care, combined with personal attention, to ensure a safe and supportive environment.
St. Mary’s offers a wide range of services and amenities designed to make life comfortable and enjoyable for our residents.
- Skilled Nursing Care: Our team of skilled registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified nursing assistants provide 24 hour a day care, ensuring all your needs are meet with expertise and compassion.
- Therapy: We offer on-site physical, occupational, speech, and massage therapies to help residents regain and maintain their independence, mobility, and communication skills.
- Music Therapy: Through a partnership with Music Speaks, LLC we offer an accredited program directed by a board certified music therapist who uses music as an effective means of therapy for our residents with dementia and Parkinson's Disease.
- Nutritious Dining: Our skilled culinary team including a registered dietician prepares three daily delicious and balanced meals, accommodating special dietary needs and preferences.
- Social and Recreational Activities: Our vibrant community offers a variety of activities and events to keep residents engaged and socially active, from games to arts and crafts and music therapy. Residents throughout the entire campus can also enjoy the many other amenities we offer.
- Household Living Model: Each of the four households contains a dining area, living room and den. All households have 16 bedrooms. Room furnishings include a lounge chair, lamps, bedside table, closet, and dresser. We encourage you to add your personal touch to make your room your home.
- Memory Care: For residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, we provide specialized memory care programs that focus on creating a safe and engaging environment. Staff across the campus are trained in dementia care. St. Mary’s also offers the Lakeshore's only sensory room.
If we can meet a resident's medical and nursing needs, we will accept him or her into our facility regardless of payer source. We are certified for and accept Medical Assistance (Medicaid) and Medicare. We also accept private insurance and private pay sources.
St. Mary's FAQ
How do I participate in planning my care?
You will be invited to the care plan meeting. If you have any concerns or questions, please ask a staff member.
Am I able to leave the premises?
It is important that St. Mary’s staff knows the location of all residents. If you intend to leave the premises, please inform the nurse and sign out at the front desk.
How much clothing and what kind should I bring?
Bring clean, adequate clothing as appropriate to your activities, preferences and comfort. Seven to ten days change of clothing is recommended.
Is there a telephone or television in my room?
No, you must arrange for your primary phone service and bring a telephone. Cell phones can be used in St. Mary’s. You must also provide your own television. There is no charge for St. Mary’s local service. If you want additional cable TV channels, you must contact Comcast cable for installation service. There is a small charge with coupon (can be obtained from Social Services) for installation; there will also be a monthly cable charge from Comcast cable. All electrical equipment (TV, DVD, radio, etc.) is to be checked by the Maintenance Department for electrical safety prior to use at St. Mary’s. No extension cords or power strips can be used in residents’ rooms.
How do I get my laundry done?
If your family does your laundry, they should provide a laundry bag or basket. It is recommended that clothing be labeled with your full name. If St. Mary’s does your laundry, your clothing will be labeled with your full name.
Is there a lost and found?
Unmarked clothing is located at Social Services, Room 105. If clothing is not claimed after 30 days, it is donated to charity. For other personal items, lost and found is at the front desk. An online catalog is available to staff.
How will I receive my medications?
You will receive the medications through the pharmacy provided by St. Mary’s.
Can I bring my electric scooter?
All mobility devices (cane, walker, wheelchair and electric scooter) will be labeled “property of: resident name." The therapy and maintenance departments will evaluate the device(s) for safety and function.
Can I get my hair done?
The Hair Studio at Felician Village is located in the Village Square. All typical salon services are available at a reduced rate for all St. Mary’s residents. Appointments should be made by calling (920) 684-7171 ext. 311.
Can I have pets?
If your visitor has a pet, it must be on a leash or in a pet carrier. No birds are allowed.
Can I have a party?
Please contact Administration for information at 920-684-7171 ext. 247.
Are balloons allowed?
St. Mary’s is a latex-free environment so only Mylar balloons can be brought into the facility.
When can visitors come and can they join me for a meal?
Visitors are welcome at any time. The reception front door is on an automatic timer, opening at 6:30 a.m. and closing at 9 p.m. every day. To access the facility after hours, enter the parking lot on 21st Street and proceed to the lighted employee entrance. You must ring the button located to the right of the inside sliding door. Staff will answer the call. We welcome your family/friends to join you for a meal at any time. Arrangements are made and guest meals are paid for at the reception desk.
What activities are included?
A monthly calendar of activities is provided to all residents. Typical activities include exercises, poker bingo, sing-alongs, ring toss, bingo, current events and more. Activities provided include:
- Music programs: sing-alongs, rhythm band, name that tune and music appreciation.
- Mind matters: IN2L system, quiz times, trivia, reminisce, story times and the daily newspaper gets read every day to our residents.
- Sensory stimulation groups to touch on all senses: discussion groups to current holidays, seasons with enhancing all senses during these groups.
- Active recreation: ball toss, bean bags, target toss, Wii bowling, stretch exercises done 4-5 times a week.
- Variety of daily table games: Bunco, poker bingo, cover all dice, skunk, Bingo, word games, Wheel of Fortune, dominos, Connect Four, Sorry, Yahtzee, card games, Sheepshead, Bridge and poker.
- Monthly activities to gain socialization from other parts of the campus include live entertainment, ice cream socials, presentations, dance groups and birthday socials. There is a monthly resident council meeting.
Where can I buy cards, gifts, convenience items, snacks, coffee, etc.?
The Village Café and Market are located in the Village Square. The hours are 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. weekends and holidays.
Can I attend church services?
Everyone is welcome to attend all religious services. There are a variety of services offered for several denominations. Presently, we have the opportunity to offer daily Mass, which is held at 9:30 a.m.
We also offer Lutheran services on the first, third and fifth Wednesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. Additionally, there are other Protestant services on the second and fourth Wednesdays at 2 p.m. All services are held in the Blessed Angela Chapel located in the Village Square.
For those unable to be physically present in the chapel, they may participate in the privacy of their rooms, as all services are available on television. Please use channel 12.1. For any other religious needs, everyone is encouraged to contact the Director of Mission Services at (920) 684-7171 ext. 317.
"How do we begin to thank you all for the wonderful care and love you showed our dear Mama while she was at St. Mary's? You made her last years as happy as possible. You had her smiling her gorgeous smile every day and she enjoyed teasing and laughing with each of you. And many of you were even there at the end . . . such a blessing to us. You were more than just friends - you became family!"
"Thank you for referring my mom to receive music therapy as part of her care plan goals. Mom loves to sing, it's her favorite thing to do. My family grew up in a musical family, so thank you for carrying this delightful tradition on."
"Your work is hard to do, especially in these times. You not only do your job, you do the job of the family members (us) who can't be there with our loved ones. Please know you're appreciated."
"Felician Village/St. Mary's always goes above and beyond for their residents to make their day a bit more special for them."
"The care staff put a personal touch on providing dignified care."
"When my wife's condition deteriorated to a point I couldn't care for her at home, I knew St. Mary's was the best place for her."
"We wouldn't Mom anywhere else."
"The staff is not just a participant in her care, they have become friends to my mother, friends to my family and friends to me. They have my absolute trust."
"My mother is happy and safe. This is all about her and St. Mary's was her first choice. I thank you very much for taking such excellent care of her. I think she looks and feels better now than she has in years."
"I cannot tell you how much we appreciated all that St. Mary's did for our mother. Those final days we were amazed that there were people from all areas of the facility including cleaning staff coming in to say their 'good byes'. And I cannot tell you how much I appreciated the nursing staff. We did not totally realize how blessed we were as well as was our mother to have the St. Mary's family."
"I personally want to thank you for all the care and support of mom and of us, as we asked many questions and voiced our concerns. You helped us get through a very difficult time. Professional and kind! Be proud of the work you do!"
"We are very happy that mom is here, rather than any other nursing home in the area."
"Meeting the spiritual needs of the resident. That was a very important consideration when choosing a facility and we continue (resident, family and friends) to be impressed with the emphasis on meeting faith-based needs and giving attention to spiritual health and growth."
Choosing the right senior living facility is important and cost is certainly a key consideration. However, because there are many items that factor into the final monthly cost, we would like to speak directly to you to explain all those items and choices. At Felician Village there are no “move-in” or “buy-in” fees for new residents.
For cost information please contact:
Looking for a vibrant senior living community in Manitowoc that's been voted Best of the Lakeshore 13 years in a row? Now's the time to make Felician Village YOUR home!
We currently have limited openings at St. Mary's Nursing Home. St. Mary's is a skilled nursing facility and features a high staff-resident ratio to care for people needing more complex clinical care. We are unique in that ALL our staff are trained in dementia care.
The Gardens (independent senior living) is currently taking names for a waiting list.
Contact us now for your own personalized tour of the Felician Village campus and discover all we have to offer! For more information call Megan Bruckschen, Director of Marketing, at 920-684-7171 or email.