Volunteering makes a person feel great inside! Volunteering not only gives you an opportunity to change other people's lives, but your life as well. There are many volunteer opportunities available at Felician Village.
Felician Village is proud and appreciative of volunteers who share their time, energy and talents in support of our residents. Volunteers are welcome to assist staff and residents in a variety of positions. If you have an hour or two a week to give, we will help you find a volunteer opportunity that is interesting to you and touches the lives of the residents served at Felician Village.
- TriShaw Bike Pilots - “Pilot” a pedal aided by motor assistance bike with a bench seat in the front for residents to enjoy a bike ride.
- Felician Village at Home - Companions, transportation, light household projects, many other opportunities
- Companions – (The Court & The Villa) One-on-one companionship, talking & listening, individual activities like playing cards, games, puzzles, reading
- Activities – Assist with activity programs, transport residents to/from functions
- Bingo - Assist residents with playing their Bingo card, clean up Bingo chips and cards
- Paint resident fingernails - Once per week or once every other week
- Entertainment - Share your musical talent with large or small groups
- Escort for chapel and salon - No lifting required.
- Wii Bowling at The Gardens - Set up Wii Bowling, assist residents with game controller, arrange room back in order after bowling
- Greeter Reception Desk - Greet visitors as they enter and leave Felician Village, direct visitors to locations on campus, assist visitors with locating the person they are visiting
- Happy Hour - (The Gardens) Help with set up, serve cocktails and food, clean up
- Book Club- (The Gardens) Keep log of book club members, offer suggestions in choosing upcoming books, pick up new book club selection and return and return the read books to the library
- Felician Village Summer Concerts - Serve food and carry food to tables for residents/guests, assist with clean up
- Crafts - (The Gardens) Prep work for craft, assist residents during the craft class and help clean up
- Technology Assistant - Provide computer skills to residents and set-up times for residents to learn how to use email, Facebook, etc.
- Make birthday cards for residents.
Unable to donate your time, but would like to help out? Donations of large print books, craft supplies, bingo prizes & small items for Christmas gifts are always appreciated.
Do you have a talent or interest not on this list? Contact me and we can look into making it happen!
To see the most current Volunteer Connection Newsletters click here!
2021 Felician Award Winner
Congratulations Judith Wetenkamp!
Her nominee wrote, "In 2020, The Gardens library underwent a refresh project. In preparation for painting and new carpeting, each book, DVD and other library items needed to be removed. This volunteer guided the project, carefully reorganizing and relabeling each item. Additionally, she assists with Rosary. This volunteer knows firsthand the benefits of the library, and the value of praying and saying the Rosary especially during a turbulent time."
Pictured: The 2021 Felician Award for Excellence in Volunteer Service at Felician Village was presented to Judith Wetenkamp at a drive-through event on April 29. The award was presented by Frank Soltys, President/CEO (right) and Connie Thimmig, Director of Enrichment Services (left).