Volunteering makes a person feel great inside! Volunteering not only gives you an opportunity to change other people's lives, but your life as well. There are many volunteer opportunities available at Felician Village.
Felician Village is proud and appreciative of volunteers who share their time, energy and talents in support of our residents. Volunteers are welcome to assist staff and residents in a variety of positions. If you have an hour or two a week to give, we will help you find a volunteer opportunity that is interesting to you and touches the lives of the residents served at Felician Village.
- TriShaw Bike Pilots - “Pilot” a pedal aided by motor assistance bike with a bench seat in the front for residents to enjoy a bike ride.
- Felician Village at Home - Companions, transportation, light household projects, many other opportunities
- Companions – (The Court, The Villa, & St. Mary's) One-on-one companionship, talking & listening, individual activities like playing cards, games, puzzles, reading
- Paint resident fingernails - Once per week or once every other week
- Entertainment - Share your musical talent with large or small groups
- Escort for chapel and salon - No lifting required.
- Wii Bowling at The Gardens - Set up Wii Bowling, assist residents with game controller, arrange room back in order after bowling
- Greeter Reception Desk - Greet visitors as they enter and leave Felician Village, direct visitors to locations on campus, assist visitors with locating the person they are visiting
- Happy Hour - (The Gardens) Help with set up, serve cocktails and food, clean up
- Book Club- Keep log of book club members, offer suggestions in choosing upcoming books, pick up new book club selection and return and return the books to the Gardens office.
- Felician Village Summer Concerts - Serve food and carry food to tables for residents/guests, assist with clean up
- Crafts - Prep work for craft, assist residents during the craft class and help clean up. Locations: Gardens or The Court
- Technology Assistant - Provide computer skills to residents and set-up times for residents to learn how to use email, Facebook, etc.
- Make birthday or holiday cards for residents.
Unable to donate your time, but would like to help out? Donations of large print books, craft supplies, bingo prizes & small items for Christmas gifts are always appreciated.
Do you have a talent or interest not on this list? Contact Debbie and we can look into making it happen!
To see the most current Volunteer Connection Newsletters click here!
2023 Felician Award Winner
Congratulations Pat Dondlinger!
On Thursday, April 20th, Pat Dondlinger was named the 2023 recipient of the Felician Award for Excellence in Volunteer Service at Felician Village. The award was presented at the 2023 Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon.
Part of Pat’s nomination said, “The quality of life of our residents is Pat’s top priority; she demonstrates respect & justice to our residents as she leads small groups. She creates an inviting atmosphere that is full of laughter. She treats each resident equally regardless of abilities. Solidarity is displayed by sharing her own snacks and providing 1:1 visits to those who are not up to joining groups. She escorts residents weekly to chapel to ensure their spiritual needs are being met. She is an inspirational example of someone whose center is grounded in the Felician Village mission. We are blessed to have her!”
This award recognizes an individual whose volunteer actions have made a significant impact on the residents/operations of Felician Village. The recipient of this award exemplifies the core values of Felician Village by living out the healing ministry of Jesus and providing compassionate care that respects the dignity of each person served.
Photo caption: The 2023 Felician Award for Excellence in Volunteer Service at Felician Village was presented to Pat Dondlinger at the volunteer luncheon event on April 20th. The award was presented by Frank Soltys, President/CEO (left) and Debbie Pitsch, Volunteer Coordinator.