Written by Megan Bruckschen, Felician Village at Home Manager
Grandparents Day will be recognized on Sunday, September 13, 2020. As you take some time to honor and celebrate your grandparents and/or loved ones, remember that sometimes the smallest details of the day make the most impact. A simple conversation with your grandparent, could make their day If you can’t be there in person. These questions make a great voice call, video call or email conversation starters. Recording or writing down the answers to these questions will document the information for future generations to come.
1. Who was your favorite teacher? What effect did they have on your life?
2. What was your first job? Did you enjoy it? How much money did you make?
3. What was your first car? How much did you pay for it?
4. Who was your childhood best friend? What did you do together? Did you stay friends with them into adulthood?
5. Who was your favorite pet?
6. What is your favorite food? Do you have a favorite family recipe?
7. What was your favorite subject in school?
8. Who was your first kiss? Do you know what happened with that person?
9. How did you meet your spouse? What was your wedding like? Did you go on a honeymoon, if so where did you go?
10. Tell me about your wedding. Did you go on a honeymoon? If so, where did you go?
11. What is your favorite holiday? Do you have a tradition that goes along with that holiday?
12. What family trip do you remember the most?
13. Have you met any famous people?
14. How did you decide to name your children?
15. What is your favorite book?
16. What was it like to live through major historical events?
17. What are you most proud of?
18. What values are most important to you?
19. How do you handle stress?
20. What were my mom/dad like when they were young?
21. What brings you happiness?
22. What was the scariest thing you’ve ever lived through?
23. What is the greatest invention you have seen during your lifetime? Do you wish it had been created earlier? Have you ever had an idea for an invention and years later it was an actual product?
24. What is something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t yet achieved? Can I help you get it done?
25. How do you want to be remembered?