The Alzheimer's Association is offering a free, virtual program presented by Attorney Alan Hougum on January 20 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm to explain estate planning, a will or living trust, power of attorney (POA), advanced healthcare directive, and probate.
Some things you will learn:
- Making legal plans that fit your needs.
- Legal documents needed and what they mean.
- How to find legal and financial assistance.
- Practical strategies to make a long-term plan.
- Government programs that can help pay for care.
Attorney Alan Hougum attended undergraduate school at UW-Madison. After graduating cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School, he returned to the Wausau area to practice in the areas of Estate Planning and Business Law. Alan has been practicing law in Wausau for more than twenty years.