Written by Megan Bruckschen, Felician Village at Home Membership Manager
The official start to summer 2020 is quickly approaching! While this summer may be different than other years, there are still safe ways to enjoy this beautiful season. Use the attached Bucket List Planner as a guide to holding yourself accountable for having a vibrant, enjoyable summer no matter what your interests are. This list was developed with older adults in mind, but many of the activities are great for families, young professionals, empty nesters… well EVERYONE!
1. Take a day trip or plan a future trip
3. Raise Monarch butterflies or plant butterfly friendly plants
4. Set an exercise goal
5. Read a new book
6. Virtual or social distancing friendly volunteering
7. Enjoy a summer salad
8. Learn to knit or crochet
9. Plant a container garden
10. De-clutter or organize a drawer, room or your whole house
11. Update your family tree
12. Get in touch with old friends or distant family members
13. Outdoor recreation – golf, biking, hiking, kayaking, fishing, etc.
14. Start your Christmas shopping
15. Enjoy a picnic
16. Journal or write a letter
17. Be creative – dig into your recycle container, bird feeder, house, etc.
18. Try a new restaurant for curb side pickup, delivery or outdoor seating
19. Go to a drive-in movie theater
20. Watch a sunrise or sunset
21. Label and organize your printed or digital photos
22. Learn a new language
23. Watch the stars
24. Make ice tea or lemonade
25. Make a flower arrangement from your garden
26. Take a rainy day nap
27. Try something new you have always wanted to but never have
28. Dress up even if you don’t have anywhere to go – put on a dress or suit, do your hair or makeup, wear extra jewelry
29. Adopt a pet
30. Join a new social group, Felician Village at Home is a great place to make new friends!
We hope this list gives you lots of ideas and spurs other ideas to keep yourself busy and active this summer!